I have been working on closing a no longer necessary bank account since June this year. Today, I received the confirmation of closure. Why so long, you ask? You see, I was dealing with this matter remotely and had to adhere to Sabahan time and mode. Phew… at least it is over now. Financial simplification is the way to go.
The deep fryer has been cleaned two days ago after I dumped the icky old frying fat. This morning, I filled the clean fryer with seven blocks of frying fat, which have to be melted beforehand. Having completed this ‘quarterly’ task, I shall be able to use the deep fryer till end of this year. Yeah!
In the afternoon, I started on an unpopular task of cleaning the barbecue before winter. It is going to be a two to three day task again. The cooked on grime is simply nasty, but someone has to do this. Well, I am definitely grateful that I only have to clean the entire thing once a year! And oh… the unusually warm weather makes this chore less daunting. So, that’s cheerful.
Stillness reveals the secrets of eternity.
Dear popo, you left us two years ago. Yet, you are always here deeply rooted in my life, my thoughts and my heart. You are still here…
Happy birthday, my love. Age is just a number. You are still fantastically awesome!
It is not rainy nor windy today. A perfect day in October to do some speedy garden clean up. Buried my kitchen scraps – noticing the empty nut shells – which is typical this time of the year. Enjoyed the sunlight a bit while picking up fallen leaves and twigs in my vegetable patch and flower beds. Some fresh air, some sunlight, some exercise and then back to my cosy warm home.
- We don’t control events, but we do control what they mean.
- Disruptions to serenity cannot be avoided.
- You must disrupt yourself.
- In good and bad times we have a choice.
- Make it a habit of looking inward.
- Being paranoid and fearful will destroy you.
- Anger will not help you.
- Everything takes up space.
- Practice poverty.
- You protect everything you have, why not your mind?
- Don’t wreck the purpose of your life by trying to impress others.
- Without proper training, you’re a fool.
- Your mind becomes what you think consistently.
- You don’t know everything.
- Think of your problems in relation to the sky.
- Forget stereotypes and labels: concentrate on character.
- Don’t sit on the sidelines. Do something inspirational yourself.
- There is never an end to the personal development journey.
- Work is good for you.
- Don’t make life harder than it is. It’s your choice.
- How you handle disaster is everything.
- Seek out obstacles.
- You have one job and only one job.
My mom asked me last evening how I am dealing with the autumn allergies. To which I replied, I do not have frequent allergies anymore. I also do not suffer from severe headaches, dizzy spells, serious heart burns nor long coughing fits. All these thanks to the ten peaceful years living here and learning how to really take care of myself.
True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.
One just cannot explain nor figure out this thing call craziness…
Yet another open bedrijvendag this cloudy cold Sunday. D and I went to an energy company, a lighting company and lastly a wood flooring company. Nothing mind blowing this time, but still enjoyable. And of course there are the free drinks and snacks.